Thursday, May 30, 2019

We’re Honored to Receive the Local Hero Award

<
We were recently honored with the Local Hero Award for Prince William County. I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of those who made this possible.

I’m here today to announce something pretty special. Our team has recently won the Local Hero
Award for Prince William County.

First, I want to thank God for giving us the ability and resources to be able to help others with a
willing heart.

Second, I want to thank my entire family for their support. I have to take time away from them to be
able to spend time with the kids over at Featherstone, and they’ve been nothing but supportive.

I’d also like to thank my mentors who have been there from the beginning. There have been many
people who have continued to come in and spend time with our kids too and they are all just as much
a part of this award as I am.

Thank you to the school staff who nominated us. We came here three years ago and we weren’t
sure if this program was sustainable or not, but it has thrived in the time since.

Last, but not least, thanks to all of you who support the AJ Team. If it wasn’t for your support, then we
wouldn’t have the resources to be able to go out there an infuse this energy into our youth.

We’re excited to continue our work at Featherstone and beyond. Come join us on Tuesday evening
for an hour and see what it’s all about.

If you have any other questions for me in the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out and give me a
call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
&lt;script&gt; !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s) {if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)}; if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=&#039;2.0&#039;; n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window,document,&#039;script&#039;, &#039;https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js&#039;); fbq(&#039;init&#039;, &#039;1020484171398354&#039;); fbq(&#039;track&#039;, &#039;PageView&#039;); &lt;/script&gt; &lt;noscript&gt; &lt;img height=&quot;1&quot; width=&quot;1&quot; src=&quot;https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=1020484171398354&amp;ev=PageView &amp;noscript=1&quot;/&gt; &lt;/noscript&gt;